Wednesday, February 07, 2007

All shopped out

Countdown: 55 days to estimated due date (EDD)!

Now that I'm resigned to the fact that I have to stay in bed for the next few weeks, I've resumed preparations for the arrival of our little girl. Today I started looking on the internet for things we still need. Martin plans to take a day off on Friday to pick up the car seat, baby carriage, crib, mattress, and closet we ordered from a baby outlet store. We have a coupon for a 10% discount on a single purchase, so we had gone to the store several times, chose and ordered the larger items (some of which took more than 2 months to be delivered!), and had planned to pay for everything at one time to maximize the discount. We had been putting off all the more minor purchases for when we went back one last time to pick everything up. Of course, we didn't expect that I'd be put on bedrest before we could go back.

This means that Martin will have to go to the store by himself, look for the gazillion tiny things we still need, and choose which brand, material, color, size, etc. to buy. Pacifiers. Burp cloths. Diaper Pail. Nail scissors. If you know my husband at all, then you know why I'm currently thinking "Oh dear. Poor Martin."

Which is why I've been surfing and researching on the internet the entire day, trying to choose things in advance. Pacifiers: silicone, not rubber. Burp cloths and nail scissors we're buying on ebay unless they're cheaper at the store. And so on. I'm all shopped out, and I never even left the apartment, haha!

No comments: