Thursday, July 26, 2007

July 26, 2007 --- 100% Rollover, etc.

Today was a loooong day, but long in a very nice way.

We start out by actually having gotten a half-decent night's sleep. Okay, Isabella woke up at 5:42 a.m. read to party, but at least till then she let her mother sleep a bit more than an hour at a time.

At noon we were at our 3rd baby swimming class, and she luuuuved it! It's amazing to watch her slowly have more and more fun each week. Today she even started laughing and cooing, and sticking out her hands to grab the floating toys while I'm holding her. She even smiled at our teacher!

Then, right after class, I was drying myself and Isabella was on the changing table in front of me. And then she did it! She rolled over from her back to her tummy, without help, without rolling back again! After two weeks of watching her get frustrated at not being able to do it, she finally succeeded today! Woohoooo!

Then at home, she poo-ed. Actually, exploded is probably a better word. She didn't poo in the last two days, and I think everything came out at approximately 4:00 p.m. today. It leaked out of her diaper in three different places, went to her shirt, the bed sheet, and the cover under the bed sheet. Since I had just given her a bath after swimming class, I seriously (maybe lazily) considered trying to clean up the mess with wipes. After looking at the damage one more time I realized it's just easier to give her another bath.

Then we went to pick up Martin at work, but not before Isabella cried when I tried to put her in the car seat again. She hates that thing. Then to the grocery, then car seat drama again, and then home.

Later, about an hour after we put her to bed, we hear her whimpering through the baby monitor. Martin went to check on her, and then I suddenly heard him laughing and calling me to come. Isabella had managed to turn herself exactly 90 degrees in her bed --- we put her down "lengthwise", and when we came in she was "crosswise", just barely fitting across her bed. Martin and I started laughing together, and then Isabella started laughing too.

Aaaah. A really long, beautiful day.

No comments: